Monday, September 29, 2008

Doing Good

I'm feeling pretty good these days. Still not sleeping well, a bit of the sniffles, and never ending numbness in the hands and legs. I walked Maddie around the block yesterday and half way around I thought my legs weren't going to make it home. But of course they did. Going to try to walk some everyday from now on. Maddie looks forward to it. I've got a blood work on the schedule for tomorrow so I'll see if my white cell counts are staying high enough. This second chemo didn't knock me down as hard as the first one but I feel like I am taking longer to recover from it.
.
I went to a friend's wedding this weekend here at the canyon. It was beautiful! And nice to have something nice happen and to be around happy smiling people. I wore a wig - it was a wedding after all. I felt goofy in it and it was hot and itchy.
.
Chemo brain story. I know I've talked about some of my mental mishaps but this one still makes me laugh at myself. A couple of weeks after my first chemo I was coming out of Wal-Mart after getting a prescription filled. I not only couldn't remember where I parked, I couldn't for the life of me remember what I drove. I knew I had driven something there so I didn't panic. I just walked up and down the rows pushing my unlock button. When the Saturn blinked it's lights at me I thought - "darn a Saturn" - I thought I was cooler than that.

No comments: