Sunday, September 7, 2008

Chemo Angels

Here's a really cool thing - I was signed up with an organization called chemo angels. It is "volunteer organization dedicated to adding a ray of sunshine to the lives of those undergoing IV chemo treatment." They believe people going through the physical, emotional and mental rigors of chemotherapy deserve some encouragement. Many of their Chemo Angel volunteers are cancer survivors themselves, or people whose lives have been affected by cancer in some way. The common denominator is a desire to brighten the lives of cancer patients while they are going through this challenging time. I have two angels - a card angel and a chemo angel - Linda from Pennsylvania and Cindy from Kansas. They have been sending me great encouraging cards and will continue to do so through my treatment duration. It's a really nice thing that they do for a complete stranger. I can't wait to sign up next year from the other side and I'll get to be an angel.
Thanks Cindy and Linda!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda...this is "Angel" Linda. It was so nice to get your email today with the link to your blog. I'll use the blog to get 'caught' up with you. I'm glad that my cards/notes have brightened your day. I'll be getting another in the mail real soon...with a couple of pictures. I just loved seeing the pictures you've posted...what a beautiful lady you are! I'm so looking forward to getting to know you more and more, through our time together as 'buddies'. I want you to know that I pray for you daily. Angel Hugs Across the Miles! Angel, Linda