Monday, August 11, 2008

What's in a Name? That Which We Call A Wig By Any Other Name Would Still Be A Wig




Did you know that there are stick-on eyebrows out there? They come in all sorts of sizes, colors, and shapes. Very intimidating, heck I just got my first brow wax only maybe three years ago. I've decided that my eyebrows aren't going to fall out - along with my eyelashes. I declare the area around my eyes as a chemo free zone. This would also be nice in keeping eye infections and dryness away so I can still wear my contacts. Hey - wait a minute though there are those Groucho Marx glasses with the built in eyebrows. hhmmmm...

So like I keep bringing up, I am weirded out by the whole bald thing so I've decided/trying to have fun with it. Everyday I can remake myself. Hat, scarf, commando, wig, drawn-in with a Sharpie hair, sunflower mural, rent it out for advertising..... The possibilities are endless. To avoid scaring children and to have nice hair for the first time in my life I did order a few very much on sale wigs (less than $150 for all three). See above - this is my "Alexa" persona from the online catalog. I ordered it in "cherry brown". How fun will that be? I've always wanted to be a red head and I like how the bangs are long so others won't be able to tell that I don't have eyebrows! The other two I ordered in blond - one for my "Destiny" persona and one called "Seduction". I think I had more fun with the names than I should have. All of the "Linda" wigs were terrible so I get a vacation from being myself.

Anyway, I would love to hear your ideas - preferably in ways I can make some $ - on what to do with the bald head. I am kind of excited to see what shape my head is - I'm thinking I'm an egg head. And I plan on getting most of it shaved off in a couple of weeks when my sister is here so that will be fun also. This cancer thing really is just one big adventure. Please remind me of that next month because that is easy to say now.

Anyone know how to keep a bald head from being blindingly shiny? Talcum powder? Flour? Foundation powder?





1 comment:

MJ said...

Destiny, Seduction. For real? Did you ever see the picture david took of the sunset he entitled it 'Destiny' and David's brother Stephen said it was a stripper name. So it is funny that there is a wig called Destiny. Hmmm. MJ