Monday, August 25, 2008

OK - Now We Are Getting Somewhere

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon
I've packed for tomorrow. I've got a camera, some thank you cards to start writing, cinnamon tic tacs (for the bad taste in my mouth!??), lots of water, my anti-swelling pills, some anti-nausea pills, a book, my homework, and a pen. I made sure the car is still starting (it wasn't this past weekend). I've been drinking water like crazy all day and had my last meal of garlic pizza - yum! I worked late so not much time for getting nervous this evening. We washed the pink shirt I'm wearing tomorrow. I'm always cold so I'm pretty sure I'll just wear jeans - maybe I'll change my mind in the morning. Do you think flip flops are too casual? We called Mom and sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The alarm is set for 6:30am so we can hit the road by 7:00am. The blood draw is planned for 8:30am then we will get some breakfast for an hour so the results can come back - then it's meet with the oncologist - then a quick chemo orientation and then we start. I have no idea what I am forgetting or for that matter what I am getting into. I hope I am brave enough to walk into the building and I hope I don't start crying. Well, it feels like the first day of school - I need to go get a good night's sleep. By this time tomorrow I'll be 25% finished with my chemo treatments. Heck - I can do anything three times and this will be only four times and that's just one more time than three. I can do this in a snap........if I can do the first one........good night

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Best wishes to you on this new phase of your adventure. My friend had her second of six yesterday. Hair started to go at about 14 days. Guess what? It doesn't happen all at once but lingers on for quite a while. Nothing's ever easy/simple...

MJ said...

3 more times!