Friday, August 8, 2008

Phooey On All You All




I was looking forward to sitting around and feeling sad and sorry for myself today and then you all have to ruin it for me. Funny sweet encouraging emails at work from one who had it so much worse than me and should be telling me what I wimp I am - instead she's sending me her "lucky hats" from her chemo stint to keep my head warm this fall/winter. A lovely phone call at lunch from a friend in Springdale I miss like the dickens. Emails and phone calls with an invite to play in Vegas this weekend. A great purple T-shirt in the mail from Red Lodge, Montana straight from a Climb for the Cure hike with "Survivor" on the back - a bit early for me to wear but I love the optimism! Some fun loving greeting cards that actually made me smile as much as I tried not to. Then while still committed to my evening of self pity a great phone call with my parents who refuse to let me drive them away with my curtness. And lastly in my futile attempt at an evening of drowning my sorrows in cookie dough ice cream - I decide to pop on here and my last post has some great comments that make me laugh so hard I start crying. And all sorts of great support like this happens to/for me everyday these days from all the wonderful people I know. Even when I am alone - I'm not alone. Thank you so much everyone - no way I can feel self pity for this when I have such great folks all around me. I am blessed!
.
The "Clowns Will Eat Me" pin is from one of the blogs I have listed on the left of this page. Each blog is listed top to bottom by which has the most recent post. Some of them post more often than others. The bottom two though won't ever post again. Both Heather and Sarah had amazing voices. Like I have said - some amazing women have gone before me.
.
I'm just worried/scared/apprehensive about what is coming. I promise when the hard part starts I'll not take it out on any of you (even you Mom and Dad who sometimes seem to get the worst of me). Seven months from now this will be over but for the rest of my life I'll know that I'm never alone even when I alone. I humbly thank all of you. And hey - there's number one on the two lists I am working on - for both the "why my life is good" and the "why I want to live" lists = my friends and family!


No comments: