Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tuesday's Appointments

If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell. ~Lance Armstrong


I liked both of my oncologists. Still processing everything but it looks like I will be starting chemo in a few weeks. It will be six treatments total with three weeks between each one. Once I start I will be finished in fifteen weeks. Then I will have a few weeks off before I start the six weeks of daily radiation treatments. Finally I will then take anti-estrogen meds for five years. Even with all of that the medical oncologist says I have just over a 10% of the cancer coming back within five years. Which means there is a well over 80% chance that I'll be just fine! My next appointment is August 14th.

3 comments:

janetlynn said...

Well, crap. OK, so we add a few months to the six weeks of tradiation. Easy for me to say, eh? Maybe I was wrong about the light at the end of the tunnel - it's not the end but one of those annoying daylight vents. (In my mind and lame metaphor, they have those in tunnels.) So we'll keep chugging along with you...

wanderinglinda said...

It's like the light from those big windows in the tunnel in Zion - or conversely it could be a big RV coming the other way ready to smash me like a bug.

wanderinglinda said...

So, you are with me - you'll shave your hair when mine starts falling out?! ;^)