Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

.
.
Some great quotes that were sent to me or that I have read on some of the breast cancer support boards.
.
"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty" Maya Angelou.I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!~Dr. Seuss
.
We participants in the front lines of the "Cancer Wars" are just ordinary men and women drafted without our consent into this service. We need not be victims. We can turn this experience to ultimate good in service to others. The choice is ours.Gerald W. White, P.E., in Cancer Wars Maars Journey on the cancer healing power of visualisation, prayer and the mind
.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways..- John Wayne
.
She didn't just survive; she became.
--unknown
.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr. Seuss.Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
.
"Courage is grace under pressure."Ernest Hemingway.
.
"My barn having burned to the ground, I can now see the moon." -Japanese proverb
.
"What lies behind us,and what lies before us,are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."--Emerson
.
"The Mountains are calling and I must go." --John Muir
.
"Feed your faith (spirit) and your fears will starve to death." --Author Unknown
.
" Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. "Helen Keller
.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher.
I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do. ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird.
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.
" It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily. "So it is." "And freezing." "Is it?" "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately.”
.
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words..
True friendship isn't about being there when it's convenient; it's about being there when it's not.."Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, don't worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you." -Charlie Brown to Snoopy
.
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. =Eleanor Roosevelt
.
"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain”
William Faulkner

No comments: