Sunday, November 16, 2008

Back to Being A Member of Society

I'm back to interacting with the world rather than glimpsing it through my bedroom window. I'd say I'm feeling 95% of normal - give or take being in horrible shape and getting winded just walking a block or so. I must say I am delighted to be back. I'm not sure the world missed me or even noticed I was gone for the past four and a half months but I sure missed it. Remember the sushi dinner with friends I was looking forward to? I've had two of those now and they were worth the wait. I've had a friend staying here for the past two weeks and it was great for me. We went out, we had friends here, we stayed up late, we talked and talked and talked, we watched movies, we ate lots of cheese (mmmm cheeeeese), and best of all there was lots of laughter. Ah - to be normal again! Phoenix this weekend was a nice break too. I've never lived in a city unless you count Champaign or Toledo. I practically twist my neck out of shape looking around at things and people watching. We got pedicures. I even agreed to having flowers put on my big toes. It has been forever since I've felt even close to girlie so I am smiling at my flowered red sparkly toes right now. I've got all sorts of new hairs growing in on my head. They look pretty dark but that's OK. I've glimpsed one pretty light one sticking up on the top so there might be some grey coming in. The old Linda would have probably plucked it but at least for now every hair is sacred! Another chemo strange thing - my fingernails have four white stripes across them - one for each treatment. Odd. Oh - and I've got a few eyebrows coming in also. I was watching a Travel Channel show on the southwest tonight. Man are there some great places in this area to explore - not to mention the big ditch in my backyard. I can't wait until January to get started. I think that's about it for random thoughts for tonight. It's nice to be back - back home and back to Linda.

No comments: