Saturday, March 14, 2009

I have a new writing assignment!



As much as I have enjoyed this blog for the last eight months, its not been that easy for me to write. Its been cathartic at times for me to write down my thoughts and feeling and at other times its been a huge struggle. It has been a godsend for me to include my friends and family in treatments and I've been told it has been helpful for others struggling in their own cancer adventure. I've even learned along the way that I enjoy writing. I just don't enjoy writing so much about myself.

Which brings me to my newest writing adventure opportunity. I was recently asked to apply for an online writing position at Examiner.com. Launched in April 2008, Examiner.com serves 60 major markets across the country and is quickly becoming the premier online brand for local information and events. They are a division of the Clarity Media Group, owned by the Anschutz Company, one of the largest media companies in the country which is also the company that owns the company I work for with my day job, Xanterra South Rim LLC. After filling out the lengthy application and using this blog as an example of my writing style, I was chosen as the Phoenix Grand Canyon Insights Examiner. This gives me a great opportunity to write about something I love and not about myself. Not that I don't love myself but you know what I mean.

I've always said that my dream job is to be a travel writer. While I will never make as much $ as being an accountant - it is giving me a chance to spend a part of each week trying out what I have always wanted to do.

Please give me a visit at http://www.examiner.com/x-5374-Phoenix-Grand-Canyon-Insights-Examiner and let me know what you think. (I also get paid by page views so don't be shy!)




No comments: