Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk

Wow - it's only the beginning of April and I am half way to my mark of $2,300 in donations for the 3-Day Walk in November. Thank you so much all of you who have donated. For those of you interested in helping me reach the last half of my goal just click on the 3-Day picture on the left of this page. Every little bit helps an organization that has been a god send for me.
.
I've started training for the walk by trying to walk three miles every day either outside on nice days or inside on the treadmill on the not so nice days. I took the puppy, Daisy Mae, this past weekend for the whole three miles and she did great. Unfortunately Maddie is only up for a half mile or so these days.
.
It is fun though to watch the puppy and Maddie wrestle all the time. They are best buddies. It is great to see Maddie have so much fun and even greater to have the puppy tired out enough that in the evenings they are both sleeping on my feet right now. And they are both snoring which is pretty funny.
.
My hair is still growing but oh so slowly. I am going to throw a huge party and you are all invited the day I can wear a ponytail again. Now it is just short and sloppy looking. Yes, Mom I am actually thinking about getting it cut so it at least has some shape as it grows out. :)
.
I know a couple of people now that have had cancer recurrences lately. I must say it has me freaked out. I'm not sure I can do this again. It does remind me to enjoy my good health while I can - things can go downhill fast.
.
I cry at the drop of a hat these days. Especially when I hear the word cancer. We are running tests on Maddie who might have lymphoma. When the vet first said it was a good possibility that she does have cancer, I could barely hold back the tears. Actually the tests are back but I'm avoiding calling our vet back just yet. I will tomorrow - it's just too hard to know.
.
My grandfather died a few weeks ago. My heart is broken but it was so nice to reconnect with my Michigan family at the funeral. They are just the nicest bunch and I wish we got to see each other more often. It makes me sad though when I think about my Dad without his Dad. Grandpa was a great man and he will be missed terribly.
.
I've been slowing down on doing original posts on my Grand Canyon blog. I hope to get a bunch of new ones written up this weekend.
.
Go State!

No comments: