Monday, November 2, 2009

Arizona Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk

Well, the walk is almost here - it is less than two weeks away. It seems like we have been planning for it and raising money forever. I'm starting to get nervous about it - not about the walking - I know I can't do the whole 60 miles but I'm going to do the best I can. I worry about how emotional it may be. I'm doing a great job not making breast cancer the number one topic in my life and this will move it back to the forefront for at least a few days.

A breast cancer survivor is what I am and always will be. Embracing the survivor part of that statement and doing everything I can to make sure that everyone who is diagnosed with breast cancer also gets to embrace their survivorship is what the walk is all about for me.

I was really worried when I signed up for the walk that I would not be able to raise the $2,300 minimum amount they have on donations. I am so excited and grateful to say that I have raised over $6,000. Unbelievable!! Thank you to everyone who donated. Thank you so much. By the time of the walk the three of us in Team Grand Canyon will have collected close to $15,000.

If you are planning on donating there is still time - http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/ArizonaEvent2009?px=2968049&pg=personal&fr_id=1290

No comments: