Monday, January 5, 2009

Guest Blog

I’ll never forget the day Linda smiled and told me “I have cancer.”

Day to day, it’s so easy to lose track of what’s important. We’re all guilty of it, it’s so easy to be distracted. You have to go to work, bills have to be paid, food has to be put on the table. Every once in a while, you’re reminded what’s really important in life.

I’m moved by the strength that Linda has had through her ordeal. Through everything, Linda has been fighting back with a smile and her sense of humor; I know she’s felt terrible, but her smile and attitude is her armor. I admire that.

We all want to know what we can do to help…probably not much I suppose, other than being there (which unfortunately, we can’t always do). That’s frustrating for all of us, but we’re happy for what Linda’s family has done to help.

Now, several months later, with one treatment left, Linda is still smiling. I’m so happy to be here with her as she closes this chapter in her life. :)

-Greg

No comments: