Sunday, April 3, 2011

Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer


I have enter Major League Baseball's honorary bat girl contest. With a huge amount of help from my friend Steph wrote we wrote an awesome entry and she talked me into using a picture of myself bald. We had 900 characters to tell how I have gone to bat against breast cancer and increased awareness. It was hard but I think we have an interesting and original entry. Please check out my story and the other compelling stories that have been posted. Click here You can find me by searching by team (Diamondbacks) and then I am "Canyon to a Cure". I would appreciate your votes but there are some amazing women on there that are also worthy of your votes.

2 comments:

shanika said...

Great Linda. Wish you all the best and would be a great admirer of your courage. This blog will inspire many. God bless you

Greg said...

Hi Linda. I just stumbled across your story on the Komen website as I was voting for the bat girls (you got my vote).

A couple of things caught my eye on your blog. First, you were in the Surivor's Circle in last year's 3-Day with one of my teammates, David Barron. I saw his face and immediately smiled.

Secondly, my wife's blog (www.laceupyourgloves.blogspot.com) is listed ast one of your favorite blogs. I'm so glad you got to read her words! She obviously had a great love of life and a great love of the Grand Canyon as well, so I know she'd be voting for you for the honorary bat girl if she could!

I'll be on the south rim next week (April 18-21) to commemorate the second anniversary of Jen's death, and would love to stop by and say hello if possible. I'll be staying in the Bright Angel Cabins, and will be hiking by day, and spending quite a bit of time with my friends at the El Tovar bar after my day hikes.

Drop me a line at greghoffmann@cox.net if you like, and we'll try to make some plans to meet.

Good luck with your fundraising efforts this year. We'll be back as Team THRIVR once again this year too. Hope to see you soon.

Greg Hoffmann